- B.E. (AMU)
LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test)
Delhi technological University conducts lateral entry entrance test DTU LEET for direct admissions to the 3rd semester of 4 year BTech programmes offered by DTU under the lateral entry scheme. It is a gateway for diploma holders to get admissions directly in the second year of the undergraduate BTech programme.
The 4 year BTech programmes offered under the lateral entry scheme are available in discipline which include:
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Engineering Physics (EP)
- Environmental Engineering (ENE)
- Mechanical and Automotive Engineering (MAM)
- Polymer Science & Chemical Technology (PCT)
The DTU LEET 2018 exam dates are yet to be announced. However, the DTU LEET 2017 exam was conducted on July 30, 2017. Check the DTU LEET 2018 exam dates here!
LEAT is also organised By almost all State technical education Boards to offer admossion in 2nd year.
LEET 2018 Exam Pattern
LEET 2018 Exam Pattern will be common for candidates from all engineering streams. The primary reason behind having a common exam pattern is to allow students from one stream to apply for admission to any other stream.
The question paper comprises is divided into four sections i.e. A, B, C and D. Section A includes questions from Basic Sciences while section B tests, Electronic Stream Courses, section C tests, Mechanical Stream Courses, and Section D tests, other Engineering Streams.
Candidates are allowed to attempt any section in order of their own preference. The allotment of the seat will be based on the inter-se rank of the candidates and availability of seats in the stream of candidates’ choice.
LEET is an entrance examination conducted for students seeking admission direct admission to 2nd year of engineering programs offered by various government and private technical Engineering institutes. LEET 2018 is tentatively scheduled for June 05, 2018 till June 08, 2018.
LEET Exam Pattern 2018 Highlights
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Number of Papers||1|
|Number of Sections||4 (Basic Science, Electronic Stream Courses, Mechanical Stream Courses, and Engineering Streams)|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type|
|LEET 2018 Total Marks||90 marks|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
LEET 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
LEET exam pattern might seem a little confusing at first glance because of the division of questions among various sections and subjects. Following is the detailed explanation of LEET 2018 examination pattern:
- LEET 2018 Question paper will have 4 sections namely Basic Sciences, Electronic stream courses, Mechanical stream courses and Other Engineering courses.
- The paper comprises 90 multiple choice questions with a total duration of 90 minutes to solve.
- All the 4 sections can be broken down into questions from specific topics/subjects.
- The question paper will be set in English language only.
The following table shows the distribution of questions and marks among the 4 sections of LEET 2018 Exam Pattern:
|B||Electronic stream courses||26-50||25|
|C||Mechanical stream courses||51-70||20|
|D||Other Engineering courses||71-90||20|
In this table, candidates can check the break-up of all the 4 sections into different subjects/topics and distribution of questions and marks.
|A (Basic Science)||Mathematics||8||8|
|Section B (Electronic Stream Courses)||Elements of Electrical Engineering||9||9|
|Elements of Electronics Engineering||8||8|
|Elements of Computer Engineering||8||8|
|Section C (Mechanical Stream Courses)||Elements of Electrical Engineering||8||8|
|Elements of Production Engineering/ Manufacturing Process||6||6|
|Section D (Other Engineering Streams)||Civil Engineering Courses||5||5|
|Chemical/ Printing Engineering||2||2|
Marking Scheme for LEET 2018
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- No marks will be deducted for incorrect responses
- Marks will not be given or deducted for un-attempted questions.
LEET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for the various subjects and topics useful in the preparation of HLEET entrance has been described in depth below for each section of the entrance test:
- Harmonic Progressions
- Binomial Expansion
- Rank of A Matrix
- Ellipse and Hyperbola
- Motion in one and two dimensions
- Conservation laws of energy
- Properties of matter i.e. Elasticity
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Work and energy
- Surface tension
- Viscosity in fluid motion
- Waves and Vibration
- Characteristics of Waves
- Hard and Soft Water
- Types of Hardness
- Disadvantages of Hardness of Water
- Brief Introduction of The Term Acidity
- Equivalent Weight
- Ph Value
- Definition of symbol, formula, volency & chemical equation
D. Communication skill:
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Communication Technique
- Grammatical Ability
- Preposition Correction
- Voice Narration
E. General awareness:
- Elements of Computer Engineering
- Fundamentals of Computers
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems
- Programming In C
- Basic of computer networking
List of Reference/ Study Books for Preparation
Given below is a list of books helpful in the study HLEET:
- LEET Objective Type for Haryana by Vaneet Singh and Gurmeet Singh
- Guide to LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) by G.K Publishers
- Lateral Entry to Engineer Degree (B.E/B.Tech) Exam Guide: Entrance Guide by Ramesh Publishing House
- LEET: Lateral Entry Entrance Test for Diploma Holders-Second year/Third semester by G.K Publishers
Instructions for Appearing in the Test
- Candidates are required to report at the allotted center of the test thirty minutes before the start of the test on the assigned date and time.
- Fifteen minutes will be given to the candidates for filling up their details during the test.
- The candidate may seek the invigilator’s help in case of any problem regarding acquaintance of system allotted to him/her.
- The candidate is prohibited fro carrying any books, papers, log tables, cellular devices/phones, calculators, digital diaries, pagers inside the examination hall.
- The candidate must bring two printed copies of the admit card with photographs attested by gazette officer along with one valid id proof (with the candidate’s photograph) for verification by the invigilator at the test center.
- The admit cards of the candidates should be signed by the invigilator on duty and one of the admit cards must retained by the candidate. He/She is required to keep the same safely.
- It is mandatory for the all the candidates to bring their admit cards failing which they will be debarred from taking the entrance test.
Note: If any candidate is found guilty of the breach of rules or using unfair means, he/she will be punished by the competent authority including cancellation of his/her candidature.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College